- About Winston-Salem
- What to Do
- Nightlife / Entertainment
- Special Events
- NC Wine Festival
- Salute! The NC Wine Celebration
- Twin City Ribfest
- Music Academy of the American South
- National Black Theatre Festival
- Winston-Salem Open
- Winston-Salem Air Show
- Rock the Block
- Dixie Classic Fair
- Piedmont Craftsmen's Fair
- Six Days in November
- Festival of Lights
- The Nutcracker
- RiverRun International Film Festival
- Special Offers
- Events Calendar
- Order a Visitor Guide
- Where to Stay
- Getting Here
The Nutcracker: December 7-15
For over 47 years the immensely popular Tchaikovsky Nutcracker ballet music is performed every year by the UNCSA Nutcracker Orchestra in downtown Winston-Salem. 2013 will mark the second year of production under the leadership of Susan Jaffe, the new dean of the UNCSA School of Dance. Jaffe is widely regarded as one of the priemere ballerinas in America.
This production is a collaborative effort of three UNCSA schools - Dance, Design & Production, and Music.
2013 Tentative Dates
- Saturday, Dec. 7 at 2:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 8 at 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday & Friday, Dec. 12 - 13 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 14 at 2:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 15 at 2:00 p.m. & 7:00 p.m.
TENTATIVE TICKET PRICING
(ADULTS/CHILDREN AGE 13 AND UNDER):
Prime Orchestra ($68); Orchestra Center ($50/$35); Orchestra Sides and Front Balcony ($45/$30); Center Balcony ($33/$24); Rear Balcony ($25/$20).
For the best deal in town take advantage of the great prices on The Nutcracker “Family Four Pack” for the Thursday and Sunday evening performance only: $130 for Orchestra Side/Front Balcony and $95 for Center Balcony.
Groups of 10 or more receive a 10% discount on every full-priced ticket, excluding Prime Orchestra. The 10% discount for groups may not be combined with any other offer.
UNCSA Box Office: 336-721-1945. To learn more about the performance visit, UNCSA.edu.