Job title: Advertising & Graphic Marketing Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Responsible for analyzing, purchasing, and tracking print and digital advertising, targeted ad word, SEO, and promotional campaigns for consumer/leisure travel as well as convention, meeting, group and sports. Responsible for managing and overseeing the graphics standards of the organization including creation and development of new graphic elements in marketing campaigns.
Core Job Elements:
- Assists the marketing and communications director to manage, produce and deliver VWS’ marketing materials including annual Wine & Dine Guide, Destination Magazine, trade show booth support materials including displays, banners and signage.
- Highly creative and have practical knowledge for graphic design details. Oversee the production of digital and print design solutions (like logos, banners, promotional e- mails) Have the technical skill and ability to handle creation of in-house design tasks (e.g., special event invitations or resizing print/digital ads).
- Assist and support convention sales department with various marketing support projects including the concepting and supervising the design, layout and development of sales materials.
- Produces, manages, submits, and tracks all consumer, convention and sports advertising placements and contracts with various print and digital media outlets.
- Create, pitch, and manage promotional ideas, marketing campaigns, contests, and sweepstakes.
- Work with Communications manager to create, script and oversee the production of promotional videos, photo shoots and PowerPoint presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Oversight of Visit Winston-Salem’s primary marketing materials including print publications, video/image production, in-house graphic design and trade show displays.
- Places media buys and tracks results.
- Designs and produces marketing materials and ad placements using a variety of mediums utilizing Visit Winston-Salem brand standards.
Key Performance Dimensions
- Job Knowledge & Technical Application
- Organization & Planning
- Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Quality of Work
- Creativity & Innovation
Required education and/or Experience
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum (5) years print media production and/or graphic design.
- Minimum (2) years of ad agency or publishing experience.
Preferred Background, Knowledge and/or Skills
- Experience in travel and tourism marketing and/or advertising agency work.
- Strong organizational skills with a detail-oriented mindset.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Able to travel as requested.
- Knowledge of branding, campaigns and brand management including adherence to brand guidelines.
- Some night and weekend work may be necessary.
Not at this time
- Up to 3 trips per year for professional development, marketing and/or public relations related activities.
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license to perform deliveries and other job functions involving transportation.
Physical Demands (Reasonable accommodations may be made)
- Able to lift products and displays up to 40 lbs.
- Able to navigate stairs daily.
This job operates in an administrative office collocated with the Visit Winston-Salem Visitor Center in downtown Winston-Salem.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested in applying? Email your resume to [email protected]