The gridiron heats up in Winston-Salem each fall as the Demon Deacons of Wake Forest University (WFU) and the Rams of Winston-Salem State University (WSSU) suit up against worthy opponents. The 2021 football season showcases a home football game nearly every weekend!
Learn more about each team, their schedules, and how you can enjoy an exciting football fan getaway in Winston-Salem.
Wake Forest University Demon Deacons
Wake Forest enters into its seventh season of the Dave Clawson era, and the Demon Deacons gear up for an exciting season of ACC football. The Deacons stormed the gridiron for their first home game of the season against Old Dominion on Sept. 3 at Truist Field.
To learn more about Wake Forest football, game times as they are announced, and post-game highlights, click here.
WFU Football Schedule:
(Home games in bold are at Truist Field)
- Friday, Sept. 3 vs. Old Dominion; 7 p.m. (W; 42-10)
- Saturday, Sept. 11 vs. Norfolk State; noon (W: 41-16)
- Saturday, Sept. 18 vs. Florida State; 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 24 at Virginia; 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 2 vs. Louisville (Family Weekend)
- Saturday, Oct. 9 at Syracuse
- Saturday, Oct. 23 at Army; noon
- Saturday, Oct. 30 vs. Duke (Homecoming)
- Saturday, Nov. 6 at North Carolina
- Saturday, Nov. 13 vs. NC State (Senior Day)
- Saturday, Nov. 20 at Clemson
- Saturday, Nov. 27 at Boston College
Winston-Salem State University Rams
After their 2020 season was canceled because of COVID-19, the Rams of WSSU are ready to make up for lost time and win big in 2021. Interim head coach Robert Massey enters his second season leading the Rams. Fans will see the Rams in action for the first time in nearly 22 months at Bowman Gray Stadium on Sept. 25.
For more information on this year’s Rams football team and post-game highlights, click here.
WSSU Football Schedule:
(Home games in bold are at Bowman Gray Stadium)
- Saturday, Sept. 4 vs. UNC Pembroke; 6 p.m. (Canceled)
- Saturday, Sept. 11 at Catawba College; 7 p.m. (L: 28-6)
- Saturday, Sept. 18 at North Carolina Central University; 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 25 vs. Elizabeth City State University; 1:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 2 at Chowan University; 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 9 at Johnson C. Smith University; 1 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 16 vs. St. Augustine’s University; 1:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 23 vs. Livingstone College (Homecoming); 1 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 30 at Shaw University; 1 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 6 at Fayetteville State University; 2 p.m.
Winston-Salem offers football fans a myriad of family-friendly attractions, over 500 diverse dining options, vibrant nightlife and entertainment, and much more!
Get the inside scoop on where to eat, where to play, and where to stay (see special hotel package here).
Have questions on what to see and do in Winston-Salem, or need more information?
Stop in our Visitor Center (200 Brookstown Ave., Winston-Salem, NC, 27101) or call one of our knowledgeable visitor information specialists at 336.728.4200. Our staff is happy to assist you Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.