In Winston-Salem, North Carolina, we don’t just talk about reinventing meetings and events. Through ingenuity and innovation, you can take an already good thing and make it grand. Just as planners strive to enhance their organizations and companies by developing engaging and educational events, community leaders never cease creating ways to further enhance our destination.
This is not some simple makeover, though. Our hospitality industry anticipates needs and produces strategic results.
Indeed, we take a holistic approach to our mission. We see the big picture and know each mural is comprised of small strokes and touches that mean something different to everyone. Meetings are important, and convening face-to-face can’t be replaced.
Enhanced and Reimagined
Looking deep in ourselves for improvement is the driving force behind the incredible $2 billion investment in our downtown. Delve further inside this commitment to excellence and you’ll arrive at the Benton Convention Center.
Always a venue for meeting planners to anchor conventions, trade shows, special events, and more, the Benton is the hub of our city. And it, too, is unveiling a refreshed look to its newly expanded meeting space that adds warmth and vitality to each visiting group’s event. Innovation requires flexibility, and that’s what we as a destination are offering to the event professionals who put attendees in a position to consummate their next great big idea.
The convention center now boasts 150,000 square feet of flexible function space, with the ability to accommodate a multitude of conferences, meetings, and/or events.
This refreshed space is accentuated by new lighting, furnishings, and finishes. Among our new touches is visually striking artwork created by local artists. One glance at the new pieces shows just what you, and your group, can create within our walls.
Whether meeting in-person, virtually, or a hybrid of both, your health and safety are our top priorities. The Benton Convention Center staff has received intensive cleaning and disinfection training and instituted a stringent plan that covers all aspects of meetings, conventions, or trade shows. No matter the event size, the Benton is a safe and secure venue for you and your attendees.
Furthermore, the Benton Convention Center and Hotel Complex boasts the recently renovated 319-room Winston-Salem Marriott, which is conveniently adjacent to the Benton. Likewise, a 146-room Embassy Suites is directly connected to this state-of-the-art facility. Situated in our award-winning downtown, the Benton Complex is within walking distance of more than 100 restaurants, shops, breweries, and bars, providing options for pre-and post-event activities, as well as group dining and receptions.
Winston-Salem has a combined 1,200 hotel rooms downtown and 5,000 within city limits, providing the options needed for everything from an intimate C-suite meeting to a large association gathering.
Winston-Salem is perfectly situated between Raleigh (two-hour drive), Charlotte (one-and-a-half-hour drive), Atlanta (five-hour drive), and Washington, D.C. (five-hour drive). Recent interstate upgrades add to the convenience, with downtown at the crossroads of interstates 85, 77, and 40; Salem Parkway (U.S. 421); and U.S. Highway 52. Three international airports are within two hours of Winston-Salem, adding to its prime location.
- 25 minutes from Piedmont Triad International Airport (GSO)
- 1.5 hours from Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT)
- 2 hours from Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU)
Whether your event is regional or drawing from a national audience, we make it easy to travel back to Winston-Salem.
Other Inspired Gathering Spaces
Looking to stretch out beyond the convention center? Winston-Salem offers meeting professionals and delegates alike an upscale yet affordable meeting destination. Our city’s walkable downtown boasts a thriving historic district, vibrant nightlife, and burgeoning arts district.
Unique venues include:
- Just five minutes from downtown along the pristine Reynolda Mile, Graylyn, once a private estate, sits on 55 acres and boasts 85 guest rooms and 25 conference and event rooms.
- The 174-room Kimpton Cardinal Hotel is located downtown in the historic 1929 R.J. Reynolds Tobacco headquarters building—the architectural muse for New York City’s Empire State Building.
- Originally home to the Salem Manufacturing Company in 1837, the 70-room Historic Brookstown Inn features more than 5,000 square feet of inspired meeting space, including two inviting courtyards.
- Courtyard by Marriott Winston-Salem Downtown features our city’s first hotel rooftop bar, Top of Fourth.
- The Millennium Center, once the area’s post office and federal building, is an elegant three-story, 72,000-square-foot venue located in our Downtown Arts District.
- The Stevens Center is a beautifully restored 1929 grand theater that offers fixed seating for 1,380 and a 10th-floor reception hall with 2,500 square feet of flexible meeting space in the heart of downtown.
- You’ll find a mix of historic charm and hip style at downtown’s newest entertainment complex, ROAR, opening winter 2022. This sophisticated 42,000-square-foot venue boasts a food hall, rooftop bar, two upscale restaurants, duckpin bowling, golf simulators, and 8,000 square feet of event space.
Best of all, it pays to meet here. You can earn up to $3,000 in meeting incentives and credit through our Travel Back Rewards for your next meeting. When you book a new convention or meeting through Visit Winston-Salem, be sure to take advantage of our Travel Back Rewards program that can be combined with our hotel partner incentives.
Whether you’re a newbie to Winston-Salem or a welcomed returning visitor, each experience here feels unique. We are constantly reinventing ourselves. Come see for yourself.