Winston-Salem and the Winston-Salem Open (WSO) are a match made in heaven!
Don’t miss center court action as the Winston-Salem Open returns to the Wake Forest University Tennis Complex for its 10th anniversary Aug. 21-28, 2021. This prestigious tennis tournament serves as the last ATP World Tour 250 event prior to the US Open.
“Our tournament this August promises to be a thrilling event for fans and will feature some of the best professional tennis players from around the world. The tournament will likely include a number of rising American players as well.”
– Jeff Ryan, Winston-Salem Open tournament director
Each year more than 40 of the world’s top 80 players compete for a chance to be named champion. Past athletes to play include Sam Querry, Daniil Medvedev, Steve Johnson, Hubert Hurkacz, Pablo Carreno Busta, Jurgen Melzer, Roberto Bautista Agut, and John Isner, a North Carolina native who has won the WSO twice.
IF YOU GO, HERE’S WHAT TO KNOW:
- Dates: Aug. 21 (Qualifying); Aug. 22-28 (Main Draw)
- Location: Wake Forest University Tennis Complex, 100 West 32nd Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27105
- Singles Main Draw: 48-player draw with four players coming from qualifying
- Doubles Main Draw: 16-team draw
- Qualifying Draw: 16-player singles draw
- Prize Money: TBA
CATCH THE MATCH(ES):
- Tickets for the 2021 Winston-Salem Open are now available!
- Week-long box seats, group seating, and individual session tickets can be purchased here.
The proud home of the WSO, Winston-Salem offers a myriad of family-friendly attractions, over 500 diverse dining options, vibrant nightlife and entertainment, and much more!
Get the inside scoop on where to eat, where to play, and where to stay (see special hotel package here).
Have questions on what to see and do in Winston-Salem, or need more information?
Stop in our Visitor Center (200 Brookstown Ave., Winston-Salem, NC, 27101) or call one of our knowledgeable visitor information specialists at 336.728.4200. Our staff is happy to assist you Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
BOOK YOUR WINSTON-SALEM OPEN GETAWAY
Experience the tennis event of the season—the Winston-Salem Open—while staying at the charming Historic Brookstown Inn, located just 10 minutes from the tournament action.
The package includes:
- One night’s stay at the Historic Brookstown Inn
- Two tickets to the Winston-Salem Open. Your choice of either the 3 p.m. or 7 p.m. tournament.
- Welcome Gift: Brookstown Inn tote with visor, Sunshine Energy Drinks, T-shirt, and more!
- Complimentary on-site parking at the hotel
- Exercise facility
Standard Room – $199.99 + tax for one night’s stay
Suite Room – $224.99 + tax for one night’s stay
To reserve your Winston-Salem Open inspired package, call the Brookstown Inn at (336) 725-1120.
DID YOU KNOW?
The WSO is a charitable nonprofit whose proceeds benefit many in the local community. The primary charitable partner is the Winston-Salem / Forsyth County Schools middle school athletic programs. The Winston-Salem Open proceeds helped bring back cross country programs and expand tennis to all of the middle schools in Forsyth County.
Visit Winston-Salem has been a proud sponsor of the Winston-Salem Open for the past decade.