We’re Here for You!
Tourism in Winston-Salem/Forsyth County generates more than $527 million dollars in economic impact and more than 5,390 jobs (2020 statistics) – all of this is achieved in large part to your wonderful efforts as local tourism and hospitality partners. Visit Winston-Salem exists to help bolster your messaging so that we attract more consumers to our hip, historic destination. Consider us a valuable resource to help spread your messaging throughout the region and nationally. Below are a few tools and resources you may find useful. If you would like assistance at any time, please contact us at 336.728.4200. To view a full staff directory, click here.
It All Starts with Research
Visit Winston-Salem offers a variety of research resources to assist you in collecting and analyzing invaluable information about the visitor industry in Winston-Salem/Forsyth County. Over the years, we’ve compiled a comprehensive study of our visitor profile through hotel lodging studies, visitor intercept interviews, as well as perception studies. Below are the links to these studies.
- 2011 Hotel Lodging Study
- 2011 Visitor Intercept Study
- 2014 Hotel Lodging Study
- 2016 Visitor Intercept Survey
- 2016 Visitor Inquiry Conversion & Perception Survey
- 2017 Hotel Lodging Study
- 2018 Profile & Perception Research Study
Forsyth County Tourism Economic Impact (2020 by the Numbers)
Your work matters! Check out economic impact stats below.
- Domestic tourism in Forsyth County generated an economic impact of more than $527 million in 2020.
- In 2020, Forsyth County ranked ninth in travel impact among North Carolina’s 100 counties.
- More than 5,390 jobs in Forsyth County were directly attributable to travel and tourism in 2020.
- Travel generated a $185.6 million payroll in 2020.
- State and local tax revenues from travel to Forsyth County amounted to $48.2 million in 2020.
Other Helpful Research Links:
- For economic impact of tourism and visitors to North Carolina, NCCommerce.com. For interesting general facts and figures about North Carolina, click here.
- For national and international tourism-industry statistics, United States Tour and Travel Administration and the Travel Industry of America.
- For more information about the Winston-Salem arts community, click here.
- Click here to see the press release provided by Visit Winston-Salem on Forsyth County’s Tourism Economic Impact for 2020.
Should you have any questions, please contact our Marketing & Communications office via e-mail at: [email protected].
Browse / Download Destination Photography and Video
Visit Winston-Salem offers more than 1,000 digital assets for partners to use in their print and online marketing materials – free of charge*. Whether you’re in need of the perfect skyline or destination commercial, we’ve got you covered.
*Depending on the intended use, there may be a usage fee required by the associated photographer or videographer. If this is the case, Visit Winston-Salem is happy to connect you with the appropriate vendor to discuss any necessary pricing. Should you have any questions, please contact our Marketing & Communications office via e-mail at: [email protected].
Tools & Materials
- News & Notes Industry E-newsletter (published nine times a year): email [email protected] to subscribe.
- Annual Visitor/Destination Magazine (request copies by emailing [email protected])
- Annual Wine & Dine Guide
- Printed maps of region, county, downtown
- Everwondr events calendar
- Need to update your directory listing on our website? Contact [email protected].
Other Helpful Winston-Salem Resources