New Book Compiles the Ultimate Winston-Salem Bucket List
Visit Winston-Salem Hosting a Book-Launch for “100 Things to Do in Winston-Salem Before You Die”
Watch a film under the stars at Reynolda. … Explore Old Salem in a horse-drawn carriage. … Try that Tomato Pie at Mozelle's. … Get Loud at “the Madhouse” ...
Just a few of the bucket-list items found in "100 Things to Do in Winston-Salem Before You Die," a new book by local journalist Tina Firesheets. Published this spring by Reedy Press, the 144-page book offers a colorful roundup of the best that Winston-Salem has to offer. It includes everything from can’t-miss arts activities, outdoor and family adventures, Black history and haunted tours, and an eclectic taste of some of the city’s top restaurants. You can purchase copies of the book online by visiting the publisher's site.
Firesheets, who lives in nearby Jamestown, NC, says she’s always loved Winston-Salem from afar but truly fell in love with the city while compiling the book. “It was impossible to include everything, and I’m sure there are a few items I missed,” she says. “But the goal wasn’t to create an official list of things to do. It was to give readers a few starting points and inspire them to want to do and see more.”
Stay updated on all the happenings planned around “100 Things” on social media:
- Follow on Facebook here
- Or on Instagram @100thingswinstonsalem
- To schedule an author/book event with Firesheets, contact her at [email protected]
BOOK LAUNCH + AUTHOR EVENTS
Author Tina Firesheets is hosting a book-launch event at the Visit Winston-Salem office on Saturday, April 15 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Stop by for a "Firesheets" Chat with the author, coffee and local treats, and some more Winston-Salem themed fun.
In addition to the book launch at Visit Winston-Salem, Firesheets has several other author events planned for this spring throughout town. Here’s a quick roundup:
- Author event at Bookmarks with Best of Winston-Salem, 3 p.m., Sunday, April 23.
- Dining event with Native Root at Apple & Green City Farm, 2 - 5 p.m., Saturday, May 20.
- Outing in Winston-Salem, Saturday, June 3 (w/stops at West Salem Art Hotel, Wieners & Losers, and Wise Man Brewing).
- Author signing at Old Salem, Saturday, 11 a.m.- 2 p.m., Saturday, June 17.